Saturday 18 August 2018

Where has that year gone

I can't believe its been nearly a year since i was on here last, despite my constantly thinking i would keep this blog more updated. Thing 1 returned from Vancouver Island University in May and Thing 2 passed his A levels this week with an AAB so will soon be starting year 1 at his uni doing a Marketing degree. With both of them soon at uni i might eventually have more time to do things, like this blog, for myself. I know the house will be quiet without them here but a little freedom after 21 years will be nice as well. Ask me a week or so after they've gone if i still feel like that lol.

So a quick update on the crochet i've managed since last autumn. My granny square blanket has increased in size but still needs more squares. An ongoing project!


I also made a blanket to fit both my boys... typical they are 6'3" and 6'4". Thats two long blankets, done in the theme of norwich city football club. The one below is laying on Thing 2.



I also made myself a scarf with many stitches and edged it with bobble stitch. That edging took as long as the actual scarf!

The boys both got a covered cushion in baby soft wool from aldi. This is Thing 2s and Thing 1 has his in grey.


My sister bought me the Imaginarium of Edwards animals book for christmas and this is the polar bear. My first attempt. I managed four of them in total but the small fiddly stitches played havoc with my slight RSI that raises its ugly head occasionally so i had to stop doing them.....


I've also been doing a black and white blanket, will post a pic when i have one but i made it up as i went along. For those who know me well... i'm not and never have been a lack of colour girl but i've really enjoyed this blanket which also uses shades of grey. Its colourful in a non colourful way. 

And today... i bought a chromebook. After previously using a tablet this is heaven and has taken me so much less time to post. Happy times. 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend
Roz

No comments:

Post a Comment