Thursday 18 July 2019

The Knitted House for Homeless week

Our local homeless charity in Norwich, St Martins Housing Trust have asked all knitters and crocheters to make scarves which will be eventually joined together to make a house for homeless week in mid October.

Today i took my scarf into their shop in Bishopsgate and Ray was so impressed he took a photo and sent it out to all the people involved in St Martins. I was really chuffed. He thought it was amazing and wants to request that it is returned to the shop afterwards to hang up inside.

Ive put a link for anyone who is interested in knowing more:

https://stmartinshousing.org.uk/help-us/fundraising/knittedhouse/



I designed my scarf myself so that it illustrated as much as possible what St Martins was. Its worked with mosaic crochet and the design took nearly as long as the making of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment