Saturday 8 September 2018

Tough week

Sometimes we all go through tough times whether it be months, days or even moments. The loss of a loved one, illness or anything which just upsets our equilibrium.

If i'm honest this has been a tough summer with a special cousin going through a cancer scare (thankfully recovered after a major op), my sons turned 18 (April) and 21 (June), Thing 1 came home from Canada and we had to start the process of getting a knee injury sorted. Thing 2 did his A levels and achieved an AAB. Proud mum totally.

But this last couple weeks have felt like its all accumulated and caused me stress. Trying to get two boys ready for University at the same time, visitors from Finland, Germany and the Netherlands just before Thing 1 had his knee operation (this monday) I think pushed my stress levels up and caused me a few problems.

What saved me .. getting some of the jobs sorted, a good sort out of the house and crochet. Sophies universe is so complex (not necessarily difficult but whoa you need to concentrate) that if i pick it up i can't think of anything else. Its such a stress buster.

So I hope that if any of you also have stress issues, going through a tough time, its good to realise that others are too.. but pick up those hooks and let crochet take some of it away.

Happy weekend everyone.... oh and this time next weekend... both boys will be moving into their uni accommodation. A start of a new journey for me... so i think next week is going to be an emotional one. Tissues have been bought!

Roz xx

No comments:

Post a Comment